Day 10

Since watching Food Inc (HIGHLY recommend it!) Ian and I have made a commitment to serve our family the freshest food which means trying to buy local and organic. This is quite a challenge since we live in Okinawa, do not speak the language, and the commissary does not have much of a selection.

Yesterday, while out shopping with my sister we came across an organic store...SCORE! I asked Kate to hold the basket since I was trying to figure out what everything was and it was a small little market. Once we got home, I started to go through our bags only to find that Kate had done a little shopping of her own. Looks like Kate takes after me after all...the girl loves cookies. Wonder what they will taste like :O)

Melissa Weber  – (January 10, 2010 at 11:30 AM)  

We just watched that documentary a few weeks ago. This summer I'm hoping to buy more locally at farmers markets and also am wanting to start buying grass fed beef! I just need to do it! Small changes. I'm glad u found a store, the cookies look good. :)

Laurie  – (January 11, 2010 at 4:49 AM)  

At least they are organic cookies, right? Funny, my little Delia is a clepto (sp?) too! I have to check the stroller before I leave each store to make sure she hasn't snagged something off of a rack.

karren  – (January 12, 2010 at 1:01 PM)  

I hope they are as good as they look. I have two sons who have spent time in Japan and things are not always what they seem. :-/

Courtney  – (January 12, 2010 at 4:32 PM)  

The cookies are quite bland :O( bummer! Yes, Karren we are definitely finding that buying food of base is an adventure :O)

Post a Comment

Site Counter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP