Day 217

Since Kate has turned 3, she has decided that not listening and being sassy is way more fun then being my sweet little girl. After a terrible week of her constantly waking up Emma during nap time, refusing to do anything we want, and saying things like "No, YOU pick up the toys!" I told Ian things had to change. We decided to go the route of positive discipline. I mean, I used to teach and it worked for a classroom of 5th graders so surely it would work for my 3 year old.


I got this idea from my friend, Megan, who actually posted about it on her blog here. So, I stole her idea :O) he he It has worked like a charm. I understand that the coolness of it will eventually wear off but until then it makes my day so much easier. She can get a "warm fuzzy" by not waking up Emma, listening, cleaning up toys, helping out, and doing random acts of kindness. When the jar is full of 20 fuzzies she will get a prize of a clown cone from Baskin Robbins, a movie night with candy, or something along those lines. She is only 7 fuzzies away from a prize. The other day, I asked her to get her shoes on and she disappeared. She then comes downstairs with Emma's shoes stating she just wanted to help Emma. Aww...guess these fuzzies are working!

Laurie  – (August 6, 2010 at 12:05 PM)  

This is sooo cute! We have a magnet board for Ben that he likes, but this is way cuter for girls! Where did you get those little pom poms?

Post a Comment

Site Counter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP