Day 281

I decided to try a couple of the tips on photographing children. Kate was in a terrible mood but I let her put on wings (prop) and then run around. She had a great time until it started to rain. Then Emma melted down because she didn't get to play on the playground. Oh well!! :O) Please critique!!!

See what others learned over at Click It Up a Notch.

ISO 200, f4.0, ss1/500
DSC_0036.jpg

Anonymous –   – (October 8, 2010 at 7:05 PM)  

I think this is wonderful. I love everything about this shot. She is placed wonderfully in the the frame. I love how she is in focus and everything else is blurry. It looks like she is a fairy heading off into the woods. Great job.

Trish ~ ♥ ~  – (October 8, 2010 at 7:53 PM)  

Adorble, reminds me of the butterfly migration I witnessed. She is off to Mexico too?

There is not doubt what the subject is, however unlike Sarah, I would have liked to see her little feet blurred. Children are in constant motion and in this photo she is flying away. I think I would have like the effect of motion.

Anonymous –   – (October 8, 2010 at 9:25 PM)  

Trish you do make a great point, then it would have showed her movement.

As far as my picture I was just snapping away while he played. He won't let me position him. ha ha!

Amber  – (October 9, 2010 at 2:39 AM)  

How beautiful!! It tells a wonderful story.

I would like to see a little less space in the bottom right corner, so that my eye is more easily led to the trees where it looks like she is running.

This would also be a great photo to edit using a soft vintage look.

Thanks for sharing. She is precious.

Janell  – (October 9, 2010 at 3:15 AM)  

I love the dreamy quality of this! Only thing I would change is maybe zoom/crop in a little tighter so that there isn't any of that small patch of sky. otherwise, really nice, and how adorable is her peace sign and fairy wings!?

grandmabish  – (October 9, 2010 at 2:17 PM)  

I think it is beautiful. The wings are a good idea to get some playful action.

Anonymous –   – (October 11, 2010 at 3:19 AM)  

Love it, she does look like a fairy running back into the forest. Wish her arms were extended like she is flying.

Megan  – (October 11, 2010 at 8:56 AM)  

The contrast between the green and the pink is lovely :) I might have selectively brightened her just a little. Also, although I think this crop works quite well, I think it might be a little stronger as a story telling image if you had changed the orientation to landscape and kept her on the right side of the frame. It might not have been possible due to distracting elements in the environment, but I would love for her to have a large green expanse to look out over. Kind of that "tiny little kid in a huge field" feel. You know what I mean? It's a very sweet capture- and way to go at turning her disinterest into a workable solution :)

Post a Comment

Site Counter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP