Day 33
>> Tuesday, February 2, 2010 –
random
My dad made me this rocking horse as a child. When I was pregnant with my first he mailed it and the bassinet we slept in as kids. Unfortunately, the rockers broke in the mail so he and my husband built new ones for our children to enjoy. I loved this rocking horse as a child. I hope to be able to pass it along to our childrens children. Thanks, Dad (and Mom for painting it)
P.S. Yes, Dad I realize the rockers are still not painted...it's on my list :O)


I remember these kind of horses. I had a rocking horse I was nuts about amd wish I could make one like it. I could have, but somehow, got lost in the day to day raising of 6 children and never made it a priority. I have a woodshop and had a business for 25 years. Now my body hurts, and I will not be doing this like that again. This is a treasure you have here.
How sweet!! What a wonderful thing to have.
What a wonderful keepsake to pass down to your children and then one day their children!
you all did a great job recreating your dad's childhood rocker! Way to go!!