Day 73
>> Sunday, March 14, 2010 –
Okinawa
Turns out Okinawa Outlets are not the same as US outlets. Pulling up it looked the same but the stores were Gucci and Marc Jacobs instead of The Gap and Gymboree but the worst part was it didn't seem to offer any deals. I looked at a pair of shoes for $315. Holy cow!! I thought this was an outlet mall :O) Oh well! It was fun to look around and the kids especially loved the train they got to ride for being so good.
I especially loved the shisa dogs on the locomative. These are normally found in pairs and look like a cross between a lion and a dog, from Okinawa mythology. They are believed to protect against evil spirits. When in pairs the one with the closed mouth is believed to keep good spirits in and the open mouth one is believed to ward off evil spirits. You can find these shisa dogs ALL over Okinawa and I love looking to see where people place them :O)


Oh those are neat looking ~ and $315 is *crazy* for a pair of shoes.