Day 198

What an interesting morning! We made salt :O) Yup, we went to a local salt factory and in a building with no fans or AC, sat over buckets of coal and stirred salt water for 20 minutes. Eventually, it turned into salt but we definitely have a new appreciation for the way they used to make salt. Holy moly! :O) We were able to take our hard earned salt home with us. The only probably is, we worked so hard to make it I'm not sure I want anyone to use it :O)

Megan  – (July 17, 2010 at 11:28 PM)  

It looks like Kate is testing out her future "are we done/there yet?" face :) And Ian is so happy about it!

Laurie  – (July 18, 2010 at 4:26 AM)  

Very cool! So how much salt did you end up with?

Courtney  – (July 18, 2010 at 2:22 PM)  

Laurie, see those tiny little jars beside Kate...that is how much we got :O)

Trisha  – (July 18, 2010 at 3:12 PM)  

Ha! I love Kate's expression. Did I not tell you about the heat?? I guess even if I had, it's hard to imagine it being THAT hot! haha

Post a Comment

Site Counter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP