Are you familiar with using Photoshop Elements? I purchased it a few months back, but am a little overwhelmed by it. It seems complicated, so I haven&

Honestly, no :O) I know how to upload and use actions but that is about it. I am super overwhelmed by all PP software especially PSE :O) I am taking a class that explains Lightroom with videos and lots of Q & A! I know there is someone who teaches PSE classes online. I have not had the chance to take one yet but I have heard nothing but good things.

http://everydayelementsonline.com/workshops/

Otherwise, I would say check out forums like Clickinmoms.com. They have an entire forum section for PSE and PS. I wish I had some better advice :O) Good luck!! If you figure out the secret to PSE please share :O)

Ask me anything

Nicoleann  – (August 27, 2010 at 12:47 PM)  

I have PSE8 and was completely lost when I got it. I mean, who sells a product with NO INSTRUCTIONS!?!?! I bought a book and don't have the time to go through it so I took Amanda Padgett's beginner class and that really helped. I was still lost when she was going through it, but a few things started to make sense and I can now do the basics. Still have so much to learn though.

Courtney  – (August 27, 2010 at 1:03 PM)  

Awesome! Thank Nicole! I think after I finish RYC 201, I may need to sweet talk the hubby into that class :O)

Janell  – (August 28, 2010 at 4:48 AM)  

How are you liking LR compared to PSE? Is it easier? I'm not familiar with PSE but I have CS, I wanted LR too, but do you think it's better or easier on your workflow?

grandmabish  – (August 28, 2010 at 1:07 PM)  

Please tell more about Lightroom and the class you are taking. Is it online? Can someone start anytime? What does it involve?

Courtney  – (August 28, 2010 at 9:05 PM)  

Right now I really light LR but am still confused. However, I have watched some amazing videos by my instructor, Lynne, and realize it can do so much. If only I can get mine to do what hers does :O) I like it so much better then PSE (I really don't know PSE so I guess I should learn to use it first to judge) but, I like how you can batch edit...such a TIMESAVER!!! I like how it can link with flickr and can sharpern as well but I am still trying to figure out how it does it :O) I think it is easier but I also have a video taking me step by step through it :O) I would definitely say it is much better for my workflow!! Use your student discount and get it!!

Karren, I'm actually taking RYC 201 from clickinmoms.com and it's sold out. I highly recommend it!! Lynne said there are over 16 videos on LR!! I'm so excited! I have never tried that hard to learn PSE so I am very excited to actually know how to use LR!

Courtney  – (August 28, 2010 at 9:06 PM)  

I should have re-read that before I posted it :O) I meant like instead of light :O)

Post a Comment

Site Counter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP