Day 233
I don't know why after 10 months of living here that I am still surprised by what comes on my food sometimes :O) We tried out a new restaurant tonight with Kathleen and her family. It was called "South Island Kitchen". However, when we walked in we only saw Japanese menus. Yikes! We started to sweat it thinking how can we nicely skate out of there. Luckily, just as I was coming up with a plan a waitress came with English menus. Phew!! I ordered the chicken teriyaki pizza. When it arrived it had sea weed and mayonnaise on it. I had heard they like to put mayonnaise on their pizza but I hadn't experienced it yet. I have to say the pizza was yummy despite it's strange ingredients. Also, I picked most of the sea weed off, but Kate and Emma loved it :O)


Actually, it looks quite good. I have two sons who spent some time in Japan. One as a missionary for 2 years, and the other as a performer for one year. They have food horror stories! At least the one son learned the language, the performer son, had to guess at the grocery store, and that was very interesting. Good thing he's such a good sport, and sees the humnor in everything. This is a great experience you are having and you have such great opportunities for photos and journaling. I like that you always write something about what's happening.