Day 265

I am very lucky to live in this foreign country with my sister and her family. Today they spent some time at our house and I was able to capture a few of Gavin sleeping. He is such an amazingly easy baby...until I pick him up and then he cries :O(

I'm working on black and white conversions in Lightroom without using a preset. Goodness, it is harder then I thought to get a good one. Does this one look muddy?? Please critique and if you have any advice I would love it :O)

DSC_0006.jpg

Margaret  – (September 23, 2010 at 2:52 AM)  

I know nothing about photography other than what I like. I love the curve of her lashes and the detail of her hair and how the light hits the top of her kissable nose. I would love to see the lines of her plump little hand and wrist - but maybe that is not the focus and not possible anyway. So, there you have my "fledgling,-I-know-absolutely-nothing-and-am-a-digital-camera-user-!" critique. :)

Anonymous –   – (September 23, 2010 at 4:06 AM)  

I think you did a great job. My favorite is Black and white high contrast. I just have to bring the exposure down a bit.

Megan  – (September 23, 2010 at 1:16 PM)  

So, so sweet. I think you could brighten his skin just a touch. I'd probably use the TAT in the tone curve section of LR and select in the shadow under his left eye. Maybe just a touch more contrast too? I tried to do a sleeping baby shot with Grayden the other day and he woke up early from his nap. Don't think I'll be trying that again very soon :)

grandmabish  – (September 23, 2010 at 1:46 PM)  

Sweet photo....I am not qualified to critique. you asked about ROC 101. I am doing study along. Week 2 threw me for a loop. I have questions and see the advantage of full participation. Week three we are on now is fun. I am more creative than technical.

Post a Comment

Site Counter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP