Day 311

Today was Emma's baptism! Yay!!! I'm so happy we were finally able to get her baptism (long and boring story as to why it took us so long :O) She did great during the baptism, expect almost pulling my dress off when she was getting the water poured on her head. ha ha During mass though, she was crazy! Oh well! This is the baptismal gown that she wore.


I LOVE this gown because it means so much to me. My mom made this and we have all worn it. First my sister, myself, my brother, Kate, Jackson, and now Emma. My mom is going to embroider the initials of everyone who has worn the dress in a very light color eventually. I hope that I am able to pass this on to all of our grandkids. Thanks, Mom for creating such a priceless heirloom!!
DSC_0081.jpg

grandmabish  – (November 8, 2010 at 1:09 AM)  

What a beautiful dress! Have you thought about hanging it at a window with the light coming through it like they do with the wedding gowns? I LOve Love love the idea of embroidering the names on it in a pastel color, or even white on white. For us, baptism is at 8 yrs, but babies receive a blessing shortly after they are born. My mother knitted a blessing dress for my daughter, and now both of her daughters have worn it. It is such a sweet tradition. Thank you for sharing. You know I love your blog.

Claire  – (November 8, 2010 at 3:16 AM)  

Congratulations to Emma! and what a GORGEOUS christening gown, Sandy!!!

Janell  – (November 9, 2010 at 11:47 AM)  

OMG! what a beautiful gown. and I love the color of your wall.

Post a Comment

Site Counter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP