Day 343 - Click it Up a Notch

I learned that while I was trying to take this photo, Kate really wanted to be in the picture. How do you explain to a 3 yr old that your shutter speed is at 0.6 of a second and she would not be able to sit still?? I let her sit and hold the book as I took several pictures of her and kept saying "sit still" and "hold still". She had a BLAST! I was shocked!! Of course, only one of the pictures is almost usable and that is because I only focused on the book and not her face. It was still fun though :O) I also learned, maybe not learned but was more reminded that I love Christmas traditions. My dad has read this book to me and my siblings since I can remember and has done so every year even before we had kids. My mom blogged about it here if you want to check it out. Even now that I have children and live in Japan, we still Skype with my Dad so he can continue this tradition with my children.DSC_0013.jpg
Check out with others learned and join in over at my blog Click It Up a Notch

Sarah P.  – (December 10, 2010 at 9:11 AM)  

I think it's awesome you keep that tradition with your Dad...that's so nice! And I love all that bokeh, great shot.

Trish ~ ♥ ~  – (December 10, 2010 at 9:26 AM)  

How wonderful your Dad can keep up his tradition of reading the poem. It's the best Christmas gift he can get and I am sure makes his Christmas day.

My favorite Christmas book and the one I read to my boys and now granddaughter is the "Polar Express". It makes me shed a tear every year and besides B does the best HO-HO-HO!

(I really need to practice taking photos of my tree. Everyones bokeh and starbursts are fabulous. Thanks for teaching us all how to do it.)

Janell  – (December 10, 2010 at 10:29 AM)  

Read your mom's blog, such a sweet tradition! Love it. Love the bokeh in this picture.

Anonymous –   – (December 10, 2010 at 12:48 PM)  

I love this photo. So sweet.

grandmabish  – (December 10, 2010 at 12:55 PM)  

Love the bokeh, the book, and your wonderful tradition .... and the way your dad carries it on. It must be hard on grandparents to have you so far away. There is a lot to be said for today's technology though.

jillconyers  – (December 10, 2010 at 7:52 PM)  

Beautiful shot with the bokeh. We read this story every year on Christmas Eve.

Justine  – (December 11, 2010 at 1:49 AM)  

beautiful shot and such a great book!

Mama Monkey  – (December 12, 2010 at 12:09 AM)  

What a wonderful tradition (not to mention beautiful photograph!)!!!

Thanks for hosting this blog hop :) It's wonderful!

Post a Comment

Site Counter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP