Day 211

We are very fortunate to live on this island with my sister, who is always more then willing to babysit for us. But last week, I found a babysitter and thought Ian and I needed a date night. There is something about getting a babysitter that takes away the guilt of having your family watch your kiddos. I have to say I'm in love with our babysitter. Anyone who knows me, knows I go a little overboard with organization. Our coffee table doubles as a toy box, but inside the toy box are separate bins for "puzzles, dress-up clothes, etc". The coffee table has two sections so one for Kate's toys and one for Emma's. All of that being said, our babysitter but the toys away in the proper bins! Ian can't even achieve that most nights :O) Plus she did the dishes, which I always did when I babysat but never realized how much of a treat that is until now. If our children didn't scare her off, we will definitely be calling her again.


After dinner, we walked around a small neighborhood with shops and restaurants before we went to a movie (our first movie together in over a year). On our walk, we found these fun lamps! What a wonderful evening we had!

Melissa Weber  – (July 31, 2010 at 9:17 AM)  

What a great shot! So glad you had a great date night!

grandmabish  – (July 31, 2010 at 12:43 PM)  

I'm happy for you to get out...I laughed that you took a camera. The photo is great...There is a mood with it.

Anonymous –   – (July 31, 2010 at 3:10 PM)  

That is HUGE to have found a sitter like that! Means she is probably very responsible with your children too. Glad you were able to get out...as mothers we all need to get out and recharge don't we?

Post a Comment

Site Counter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP