Day 251

Back in college in one of my elementary education classes, they told us children shouldn't be given coloring books because it hinders their creativity. This was one of things that stuck with me and I hadn't bought Kate any coloring books yet. When my parents sent these coloring books I realized, if you don't give a kid a coloring book they never learn to color in the lines :O) ha ha! Oh well :O) Isn't parenting all about figuring it out as you go anyway??

DSC_0038.jpg

P.S. Does anyone know why my flickr.com pictures aren't visible in a thumbnail form? I noticed several other bloggers who use flickr.com I can't see their picture in the thumbnail either. Any suggestions??

Megan  – (September 8, 2010 at 11:57 PM)  

On Flickr- I think it's because of our privacy settings... but I have noticed how some people (Ali C) have been able to make it so no thumbnail shows up at all.
On coloring- I'm pretty sure you're not stifling Kate's creativity... she isn't lacking for opportunities to express herself (dance, gymnastics, art easel in the family room) You're a good mama like that :)

grandmabish  – (September 9, 2010 at 2:55 PM)  

This is such a priceless photo. I love the lighting, the angle, and the soft colors. It's so cool that you are capturing these everyday moments. ROC 101 is awesome! I already understand the exposure triangle better than ever. I worked on the assignment today and got 3/4 of it done. I see the benefit of
full participation. I think I better start saving up for the next class. We need grey cards next week, so I KNOW I will be learning a LOT. I don't meter like that. It is a ton of very good information.

Post a Comment

Site Counter

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP